Led by artist Jennifer Perlmutter, Discover your unique voice and expression through 2d media.
LIMITED TO 5 Participants by application.
Download and return the PDF via mail or email: application_wrkshp
Jennifer Perlmutter Gallery
3620 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
Lafayette, CA 94549
July 21, 22, 23
This intensive begins Friday, July 21st, 2017 7:00pm-9:00pm with Q and A Session. Meet each other and get clear on your intention for the weekend, get to know Jennifer and ask questions about specifics that you are having trouble with in your art. Set up your work space in the gallery enjoy refreshments and be ready to begin on Saturday morning at 10am.
What to Expect
- Friday Night check in, grab your spot in the gallery and stay for Intention setting, Q and A and refreshments.
- Saturday start time 10am. Begin with warm up and a quick journal process to open up
- Your space in the gallery is a safe zone for exploring and trying new things while having support and practical painting advice when you need it. If you want to put on headphones and listen to music then do it! If you seek feedback and guidance during your sessions, you will have it.
- Sunday; Live model hour optional; experimentation with media and movement.
- One on one private critique and coaching time with Jennifer in the studio.
- End of Sunday will wind down with libations and group share.
- Included in this workshop is a one hour video call post workshop with Jennifer. Good for one month after the last day of the workshop.
- Demonstration on mounting your originals on paper to panel for archival and gallery ready presentation. alternatives to framing behind glass.
- Exploration of paper and mediums from acrylics to non-traditional and re-purposed products.
Break for lunch both days. Near-by restaurants and healthy eating within walking distance.
Pricing will increase to 1500. after April 30th. Register today.
Some material provided see list below.
Abstract and non-objective painting is intuitive and expressive. This is a process-driven practice held together with your knowledge of composition, color, and willingness to let go and experiment. You will challenge yourself to use your most authentic original voice. I want to emphasize this aspect of the training. Your unique value is the one thing that will advance you to your next level.
The weekend theme is; “Truth and Surrender” Over the last 20 years of exploring art and sharing it with others in nearly every way possible, 2 things always prevail to create success: Truth and Surrender.
The workshop is small by design. The gallery walls will be clear of any art. The windows will be covered in white paper to allow for privacy. This intimate setting and compact time, will launch you into making progress and discovering new areas you hadn’t considered before. Support and encouragement, honest feedback and inquiry will get you to your truth and from this place, you are safe and supported into surrendering to create unique work.
This is an opportunity for tremendous support while you explore unknown areas of your art and take risks in a safe non-academic atmosphere.
The approach is exploratory and dedicated to addressing each artist-participant in a very personal manner. You will learn advanced principles of painting and collage and hone your skills by pushing out of your comfort zone.
This workshop is created to lift the artist in skills, mind body and soul. Art is not created in a vacuum. It requires co-creation with something bigger than your inner critic.
Thanks so much for providing such inspiration…. I know you helped me get a new direction in my art and a new focus. I also needed a boost and now I’m planning to tackle a few more pieces using some of the elements you taught me. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself ! – Jeane, Walnut Creek
You’re a marvelous teacher and you took me to a whole new level.Thank you so much!
Your class was wonderful and you are a terrific teacher.
I really learned a lot and enjoyed every minute. Am so excited
to do some more paintings and start to market myself in a more authentic way. Best,
Deborah, Los Angeles
So helpful! Thank you. Fear has left me! Rana, Los Angeles
- Substrates can be paper, board or canvas
- Watercolor paper at least 140 lbs
- Brushes, 2″ and larger
- Water container
- Roll of paper towels
- various tools, scrapers, etc.
- paper plates or disposable acrylic palette pad
- Some paint is provided however, students should bring additional paint.
- Feel free to bring material that you want to experiment with, i.e, coffee grounds, tea bags, wire, rollers etc. Less is more. A limited palette, a few brushes and enough substrates to allow you to paint all day, each day of the workshop.
- Questions, please email me subject line: Materials for class.
- Material is acrylic with some oil stick if you choose.
Park in the back of building. If coming from out of town, our local hotel is Lafayette Park Hotel. Also Marriot in Walnut Creek. Book ahead for the best rates.